Basics of Financial Market –A Beginner’s Guide
It is a perfectly designed course which aims to teach about the basics of the financial market. This will help the participants to become aware of different financial market product which covers viz: Equities, Commodities and Currencies, Mutual fund. It will also help the learners to clearly understand basic terminologies of the stock market functioning and the importance of various intermediaries viz SEBI, Stock Exchanges, Depositories, Stock Broker, DP, Registrar, clearing Corporations. This course is taught in a simple language and the pedagogy is practical in real time to live market trading. They will also be able to learn about the functioning and operation of the trading software and its application.
Why should one take this course?
- To get a basic understanding of the products, players and functioning of the financial markets especially the capital market.
- To understand trading and settlement mechanism of the stock market in cash and derivative segments
- To understand the terms and jargons used in the financial newspapers and periodicals.
- To understand how to use the various trading application to place various types of orders & their significance.
- Introduction to Financial Market
- Introduction to Primary Market
- Introduction to Secondary Market
- Trading & Settlement in Equity Cash and Derivative Segment
- Overview of Commodity and Currency Trading and Settlement
- Overview of Mutual Funds
- Functioning and Operation of Trading software and its application in a real-time environment.
- Virtual Trading and Investment Game.
The basic eligibility criteria are 10+2.
The course is open for undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, corporate professionals, CA, CS, businessman, brokers, traders, investors, housewives, retired persons, etc.
All the students will receive a certificate from SIFMR once they complete their respective courses.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Employees of BPOs/IT Companies
- Employees of Brokers/Sub-Brokers/Advisory
- Anyone who is interested in the Indian Securities Market